Instant energy – to power your training!
When you’re about to step into the gym for a big leg day, or out on the road to a long run you need to make sure you stay fuelled up this recipe is the ultimate fuel up.
No more buying overpriced bars, it’s time to make your own! I love the combination of the simple sugars for that instant energy hit along with the complex carbohydrates or the oats and the fats from the butter for longer lasting energy. All in a package that won’t weigh you down and have you feeling too heavy. People often neglect the importance of having the energy to get through your training, while I’m not suggesting you go pig out in McDonald’s, you do want to make sure you have the energy to maintain your intensity throughout your workout.
- 225g Oats
- 50g Butter
- 75g Soft Brown Sugar
- 3tbsp Golden Syrup
- Optional – chocolate or dried fruit
- Place sugar, syrup and butter into a pan on low heat, stir gently.
- Add oats and stir the mixture until it comes together
- Place it in a pan and bake for 20 – 25 minutes until it’s golden brown
- Let it cool for 10 minutes
- Slice and serve
Don’t let the simplicity of the recipe put you off, they’ve been described as surprisingly addictive and are the perfect pre-gym snack.
Let me know what you think in the comments.