Inspired by my recent trip to Jamaica, I’m coming back to the blog with some real Caribbean cooking. I spent a lot of time living it up by the beach and tasting everything the ocean had to offer, this has to be one of my favourite meals from the trip. I’m going to recreate it for you all. So you can bring the Flava into your life.
This recipe shows what fitness n flava is all about. Delicious food that will help you stay on track towards your fitness goals. Fish is a great source of Omega 3, Vitamin D and many other minerals. Helping to do everything from lowering blood pressure and improving brain function to reducing inflammation in your joints. This is definitely a recipe to add to your meal prep rotation.
- 1 whole fresh fish (in Jamaica Snapper is a favourite, I’ll be using Sea Bass)
- 1/2 Onion
- 1/2 Sweet Pepper
- 3 Cloves Garlic
- 1 Tomato
- 1/2 Scotch Bonnet Pepper
- 2 Tbs Vinegar
- All Purpose Seasoning
- Vegetable Stock Cube
- A Dash of Pimento/Allspice
- 50ml Coconut Milk
- Make sure your fish is scaled and clean your fish, you can get the fishmonger to do this, it saves time or you can cook the recipe with fish filets.
- Rub down the fish with vinegar.
- Chop your onions, pepper and scotch bonnet, slice all of these into rings.
- Add 2 tablespoons of oil to a frying pan and cook these of a low heat for 5-7 minutes
- Once these are cooked remove them from the pan and place them to the side.
- Lightly dust your fish with some all-purpose seasoning on both sides.
- Using the same oil you cooking you fresh seasonings in, fry the fish for approximately 5 minutes each side (Until cooked)
- Slice your tomato and dice your garlic then add these to the pan along with the fresh seasoning prepared earlier.
- Add 1 cup of water along with your thyme, coconut milk, stock cube and pimento.
- Let is all simmer for 8 minutes
- Serve and enjoy!